Sunday, July 22, 2012

Asian Chicken Salad Sanchwiches

So, the other day I saw a pin on Pinterest that sparked my interest.  The pin was 52 uses for rotisserie chickens.  But when I clicked through, there were only about 6.  LET DOWN.  I love rotisserie chickens.  They are amazing and I use them for a ton of different things.  So I want to share today's recipe.  I thought this up a while back and it is a family favorite.

Asian Slaw:
Base
1 bag broccoli slaw or rainbow slaw
1 bag shredded red cabbage
Dressing (I make this in a mason jar or something with a lid so I can shake it up)
2 tbsps. prepared ginger
1 tsp. wasabi sauce
2 tbsps. sugar
1/4 cup low sodium soy
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup oil
mix it together and let sit for at least an hour.


Ingredients:
Chicken Salad:
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 small onion minced
1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
1/3 cup mayo (forgot it in the picture above)
1/3 cup chili garlic sauce (found in most Asian food aisles at the market)

Now for the chicken salad.  Starting with my rotisserie chicken, I pick the whole chicken clean, and then dice the chicken. I had a lot of chicken left over, another meal for another night.  I mince one small onion. (I used half of the one shown here, it was pretty big.) In another container, I mix the wet ingredients together.
Next, I add the wet to the chicken and onion and mix it all up!
(extreme sideways pic!)


For the bread, I either use Tandoori Naan or Pocketless Pita.  I toast both sides on a dry skillet, just so there is a bit of crunch on the bread.

Finally, we get to the assembly. I cut the pita in half and spoon some chicken salad on top, then add some slaw on top of that.  Slap the top on, cut in half and serve with lots of napkins and a fork to pick up all the yumminess that falls out. 

two views of yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment