Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Learning Italian


For 2 two weeks in July, the Schuster family descended upon the shores of Italy for what may be our last family vacation for quite some time. I am not sure if all of my readers know, but my sister has joined the US Air Force and will be leaving sometime soon. I am so proud of her, but will miss her terribly! We had a terrific time spending 5 days in Rome, 3 in Florence and 4 in Venice. I was really excited to see all of the ancient places I had learned about in history class as a kid. I have always wanted to see the Colosseum. I am so facinated by the sheer age of some of these building and how in the US, nothing man-made comes even close to being that old. Sure, we have found Native American artifacts that are 10,000 years old - but no stuctures that are still standing after 2,500 years - and functioning to boot! The Pantheon with its open roof and original floors were astounding. Just to think of all the famous men and women who walked the roads of Rome and worshiped either gods in ancient times, or were part of the Holy Roman Empire. It is pretty cool to think about.

I am still waiting to hear about an internship - so please keep your fingers crossed for me. I am really hoping I hear soon, a few of the places I applied to had a deadline of 7/31 - so that is tomorrow. I still really would like to work with Jubilee and hope to hear from them.

Hope all are well!

No comments:

Post a Comment