Friday, June 5, 2009

The Pros and the Cons

Things I love about London:
  • The history. I love being in buildings that are 1000 years old. It amazes me, when the oldest buildings in the US are at best 400 years old.
  • The skyline. Looking out to see Parliament and St. Paul's is just really good for the soul.
  • Elderflower water.
  • The parks.
  • How conscious stores are of organic, vegetarian and fair trade items. I think that they are far more social-minded here. We are working on it at home, but here the organic milk and regular milk are right next to each other in the market (no gallon sizes here).
  • Wagamama, Hummus Bros., Brick Lane Curry, Camden Market, Ping Pong (the restaurant, not the game).
  • The beautiful parks: Regent's, Hyde, St. James, Green - there are so many to choose from.
Things I miss about home:
  • My bed.
  • Iced Tea - I think it woul be blasphemous to even ask for it here.
  • Large drinks (or free refills for that matter)
  • Potato Rolls
  • Ground chicken, do you know how hard it is to cook without one of your staple ingredients!?
  • other food that I am used to having or cooking with- like pasta sauce - I have had to make my own just sheerly based on the pint sized bottles of sauce they sell here. I have no idea how people with families do it. I guess they make their own sauce too.
  • My family. between the time difference and the cost of calling, it isn't as frequent as I am used to. Same goes for my friends - that god for technology!

1 comment:

  1. oh jen, i like this entry - pictures of London please! :) and can you just make your own iced tea?

    ReplyDelete