Thursday, May 28, 2009

Funny things Brits ask me

In my classes, we have a 20 minute break to have coffee or tea and inevitably one of the Brits asks me funny questions. I get the same questions quite often, like
"Do people really take Fox News seriously?" (it isn't a comedy channel)
"Aren't you excited to have Obama as president?" (I hadn't really thought I was excited about it)
Other funny questions include:
"What is Philadelphia known for?" To which I respond with, "In what sense?" "Well, did anything happen historically there?" (yes, we cracked a bell and then ate cheesesteaks.)
And my personal favorite:
"I've heard that most Americans do not have passports, is that true? Do you know how many do?" (actually, of the 307,212,123 Americans, about 104,008,105 have passports, though some have expired.)


No comments:

Post a Comment