Sunday, April 26, 2009

Crash course in being a Brit


So I arrived safely in London yesterday morning and was met by a driver with a sign "Jennifer Schuster" to take me to Lauren's flat in style, an Audi! It was very nice and much more comfortable than the plane. Oh how I wish I could travel in business class with their reclining seats.
So I unpacked and do think I brought entirely too many things, mainly clothes, because I was very good about the shoes. We went to Wagamama for lunch, see the picture for my lunch.

We came back to the flat and were totally engrossed in the Top 50 Number 1 of the Century So Far. This is what I have learned... the Brits LOVE singing groups, not bands. Take That, Westlife, Girls Aloud, Sugababes, S Club 7, the Spice Girls, you name it. Most have never crossed the pond but are TREMENDOUSLY popular here. The LOVE dance music. In the 90s, when the US was grunging it up, the Brits were dancing their pants off. It just amazed me that nothing in the Top 10 was from earlier that 1990 - what century were they looking at? Strange.

Have to finish a paper before classes start on Tuesday! EEKK

3 comments:

  1. Um, that looks delicious and the papers just don't ever stop, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no they really don't! It was delicious - if you are ever in the UK (or Boston) you should check out Wagamama. you would love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're settling in! Haha, yeah, I was over there like 10 years ago and that's the stuff they were listening to then too! :) I can't wait to read all your adventures-keep blogging! Miss you! love Kristy

    ReplyDelete