Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My top 10

When I worked at Chili's back in the day, we used to while away the hours by creating lists and asking silly questions. For example: If the city actually was build on rock'n'roll, who would be the mayor?

Anyway - I spent a lot of time thinking about my top 10 all time favorite songs, and I think I got it right.

1. Bad- U2
2. In Your Eyes- Peter Gabriel
3. Gimme Shelter -The Rolling Stones
4. Come Undone - Duran Duran
5. Babylon - David Gray
6. Under The Boardwalk - The Drifters
7. Under Pressure - David Bowe and Queen
8. Once in a Lifetime - The Talking Heads
9. London Calling - The Clash
10. Everlong - Foo Fighters

There are more that round out the top 20...
I am obviously procrastinating.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, I like what you wrote (regarding being Catholic) :)

    And you always come up with such fun questions! Hmmm I'd have to think awhile about what my top ten would be - do these songs define you? Or you could just listen to them on repeat? Or they represent something about you? (Besides the fact that you love U2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made criteria about them, I can;t have one more than one song from each artist. It would be the only songs I need to hear for the rest of my life. I think some have an epic feel, some (like Under the Boardwalk) are something that remind me of my childhood and the way the shore smells. I think that lyrics really speak to me, but I love the way music can envelope you and make you feel good or give you goosebumps. I could of course pick my top 10 U2 songs, but these all have special meaning to me. It is fun to think about - it took me a long time too. Years in fact!

    ReplyDelete